Information & History
The Cheshunt Bowls Club was formed in 1924 amongst the members of The Cheshunt Club. The existing Croquet Lawn was used as a base for the Bowls Green.
From a lowly position in the Hertfordshire Bowling community, the Club soon prospered to become one of the most foremost Clubs in East Hertfordshire.
In Cheshunt itself, only one Club has a longer History.
The Club is open to Ladies, Gentlemen and children over the age of 14 years, All applications for membership shall be proposed and seconded by members of The Cheshunt Bowls Club.
An informal meeting will be arranged with successful applicants to explain all aspects of The Cheshunt Bowls Club.
The Cheshunt Bowls Club has been a self- sufficient organisation since 2010, it has proved to be the turning point in the Club's long history.
With a refurbished pavilion, with a superb kitchen with a DISH WASHER, and its own bar, we are a club to be envied.
We are self administered by a committee consisting of up to fifteen members who are elected at an annual general meeting held in October each year.
For the last three years we have been having a whist drive on Friday evenings throughout the winter, plus one a month during the summer. These evenings are great fun.
We have spent and keep spending money to upgrade the Bowls Green and its surrounds.
Both ladies and gentlemen have full voting rights.
The club is affiliated to:
-Hertfordshire Bowls Association
-Hertfordshire Ladies Bowls Association
-East Hertfordshire Bowling Association
-East Hertfordshire Ladies Bowls Association
-East Hertfordshire Bowls League.